Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy Teacher's Day

On account of Teacher's Day; 
A remembrance to my Father-my First Teacher,my guru in Mathematics

My dad was one of the best teacher in Algebra and Arithmetic when I was in school. Thanks to the lady teacher in 8th standard who was a soft spoken lady who could not be much help to school kids in teaching maths. I failed for the first time in 8th std school test in mathematics. My mom was summoned to school for parents-teachers meeting and she had to listen to the teachers woes for my bad performance.

My mom being a good parent to kids, fought with my dad complaining that he is not taking care of his kid due to his busy schedule in govt.office. So both were horrified of my failure ,though they knew that i was an intelligent kid in school in other subjects. 

So, Dad straight from his office after office hours at 6 PM started home tuitions for me in Algebra and Arithmetic. It started from simple equation to simultaneous equations. Today if I am well versed and fond of mathematics it is becoz of my dad who made me sit hours and hours work on my basic maths till I passed with distinction in Maths. Did i know one day becoz of maths ability I would score highest and pass my degree and compete in Maths olympiad!!!

Also, he was a champion in playing 'Rummy cards' due to his ability in numbers.I had an opportunity to be his student during diwali festival and played and played till i dropped all my cash.
He was a pro in the game and i had to shelve all my money and he was always the winner.

Thanks and fond rememberance for the great teacher I was gifted by God. Dad wherever you are, your daughter always miss you and the love of a parent you bestowed on me.

-Daddy's little girl

No comments: